The next time you start up Yakkle, you may see a message that a new version is now available and you have the option to download it. What’s in this new version? Here’s the list:
- Want to quickly see how many of your contacts are “online”? The Contacts Group label now shows an online count, for example, if you have 6 contacts in your Family group and 3 are online right now, your group label will read: “ Family (3/6) “.
- Want to insert a carriage return while you are typing an Instant Message to someone? Today, pressing the “enter” key will send your text message. Now, press “shift” + “enter” and you’ll insert a carriage return into your message.
- How do I know if someone is sharing their desktop to me? The desktop tabs, located on the right hand side of the Yakkle application, become active when someone is sharing their desktop. With this release, the desktop icon will become animated when someone is sharing their desktop. This should grab your attention and let you see quickly and easily which desktops you can go to.
- Want to control the sound effects? With the Yakkle->My Configuration menu you can turn on or turn off sounds when a Contact connects to you, when a text message arrives, and when a contacts status changes.
- When using Yakkle, you will get popup messages in the lower right hand corner of your PC screen when someone adds you, deletes you, wants to Yakkle with you, etc. These message will automatically scroll off you screen after a few seconds. Now you can close them immediately by clicking on their title bar “X” button.
- There are a few other minor tweaks and bug fixes with this new beta version as well.
Want to let us know about a feature request, defect or issue you are having with Yakkle? Use the Help->Feedback form and we’ll consider your feature for our next update.
As always, come experience Instant Collaboration for yourself, check out www.yakkle.com and start Yakkling today.